Diagnostic Study on MA LMA Completed
One of the mandates of the Strengthening Public Financial Management for Social Protection (SPFMSP) Project is to conduct diagnostic studies of major social protection schemes in Bangladesh with a view of identifying bottlenecks in the financial flows and any inefficiencies in the implementation.
A dissemination workshop on the diagnostic study on Maternity Allowance (MA) as well as Lactating Mothers’ Allowance (LMA) scheme was organized at the SPFMSP Project office on May 17, 2017.
The workshop was chaired by Mr. Mizanur Rahman, Additional Secretary, Ministry of Women & Children’s Affairs (MoWCA) while the Chief Guest was Md. Muslim Chowdhury, National Project Director of SPFMSP Project. There were other officials from the Ministry.
The fourth such diagnostic study was supported by SPFMSP Project focused on the Maternity Allowance (MA) as well as Lactating Mothers’ Allowance (LMA), under the Ministry of Women & Children’s Affairs (MoWCA).
The presentation of the dissemination workshop highlighted:
- Background information: MA and LMA programmes within the context of overall safety-net interventions of the GOB.
- Methodology of the diagnostic study
- Programme design and implementation
- Objectives, features of the programmes, eligibility
- Administrative processes and implementation
- Findings of the study
- Secondary information based
- Primary analysis: information collected from the field
- Future directions
A brief summary of the findings and recommendations will be placed as an agenda for the next PIC meeting where the same could be accepted.